Diabetes Traveling Tips from URGI-MED Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic in Randolph, NJ
Travel allows a great opportunity to break up the routine of everyday life and explore with loved ones. While going abroad on a trip is an exciting experience, it can also be a stressful one if you or a loved one are traveling with diabetes. At UrgiMed Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic, conveniently located in Randolph NJ, we focus on providing you with advice for living a healthy lifestyle and staying at your best. Here are just a few tips on traveling with diabetes from our medical professionals at UrgiMed:
Remember your Medication
- Pack extra diabetes medication, and clearly mark it.
- Bring prescription copies.
- Find out where to get medical care near your destination.
- Keep emergency numbers and an identification card on you.
Road and Air Travel
- Pack healthy snacks and try to avoid sugary drinks and snacks.
- Move around every few hours to avoid blood clots.
- Bring your own meal if the airline does not healthy options.
Plan with your Doctor
- Stay up to date on immunizations.
- Stick with your usual exercise.
- Check your blood glucose levels every now and then.
At UrgiMed Urgent Care of Randolph NJ, our number one concern is providing you and your loved ones with medical care so that you can live a healthy lifestyle. Walk into our clinic today for fast and great healthcare services- no appointment required!