Lyme Disease Treatment at Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic in Randolph, NJ
Signs and Symptoms of Lyme Disease
At Urgi-Med Randolph NJ, we know how common tick bites are at this time of year and work to prevent the onset of Lyme disease from them. Ticks are small, brown insects that are usually found in moist outdoor environments like leaf piles and tall shrubs. Because of their small size, they can cling onto hair and clothes and avoid detection. Every year, hundreds of people are bitten by ticks and a small percentage contract Lyme disease. It is important to be aware of the different symptoms of Lyme disease, since some of the symptoms can be severe. Urgi-Med Randolph NJ offers convenient walk-in urgent care services and preventative care if you believe that you may have contracted Lyme disease. Here are some tips and facts about Lyme disease:
Early Localized Stage:
- Usually within the first month of a tick bite.
- You may experience a red rash that grows, chills, fever, muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, or headaches.
Early Stage That Spreads Throughout Area:
- It could be days or weeks after a tick bite.
- Symptoms can include Bell’s palsy, severe headaches or stiffness, pain and swelling in the joints, shooting pains, or heart palpitations.
Late Stage That Spreads Throughout Area:
- Usually months or years after a tick bite, with no treatment.
- Untreated infections can lead to arthritis with severe joint pain and swelling (often the knees). A small percentage of Lyme disease cases can lead to neurological complications, such as tingling of the hands and problems with memory.
Urgi-Med Randolph NJ offers fast walk-in appointments, so if you or a loved one have been bitten by a tick, be sure to see our physicians as soon as possible. Although Lyme disease symptoms can be painful, preventative action is the best way to solve any symptoms that you are experiencing! We look forward to helping you feel better soon.